The 3100 mile race usually attracts a fair bit of media attention, but this year seems to have sparked some serious worldwide interest, including Ruetir, Kyodo Wire Service (largest in Japan), Agence France Press (with a network of 151 countries), Eurovision (an alliance of public service media in 56 countries with 31 associates) and Asiavision (connecting state TV and radio in 41 countries of the Asia-Pacific region). We'll be adding articles from around the world as we find them, so stay posted!
Our race winner Andrea is from Italy, so naturally there has been a great deal of interest there. See this very nice video from RAI, the national television network...
- National Media: La Stampa • Il Sole 24 Ore • Libero Quotidiano • La Gazetta dello Sport
- Media from the Venice area (where Andrea grew up): Il Nuovo Terraglio • City Venezia news
- Other areas: San Marino • Brescia • Rimini • Napoli • Sardinia
- Web media: Euronews • Ansa.it • Tiscali news • Yahoo • Il Giornale d'Italia • Aska news • Radio Company • Affaritaliani.it • Today.it • FanPage.it
Second-placed runner Lo Wei Ming hails from Taiwan and is receiving unprecedented media coverage including a live video conversation with his wife and the Premier of Taiwan...
- Focus Taiwan • Taipei times • Taiwan News • Liberty Times (Chinese) • China Times (Chinese) • Apple Daily (Chinese) • United Daily News (Chinese) • EpochTimes (Chinese) • Lo Wei Ming's vidoe coverage of his conversation with the Premier of Taiwan (Chinese) • English translaiton of conversation with Premier of Taiwan) • Brave Athlete (Chinese) • Formosa TV (English Version) • United Daily News, Day 49 (Chinese) • Business Next (Chinese) • PeoPo Citizen Journal (Chinese) • Eastern Broadcasting Company (Chinese) • Chinese Television System • TVBS News (Chinese) • Sanlih E-Television (Chinese) • ETToday (Chinese) • Interview with Rose Chao (Taiwanese)
Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA) Interview With 3100 Mile Race Winner Andrea Marcato. English subtitles by pressing the "CC" button.
- France24 • Le Figaro • TV5 Monde • Soud Ouest • Podcast.Ausha.co • Notre temps • Neon • Midi Libre • Le Point • L'OBS • La Croix
- RÚV Sport
- Takasumi Senoo from Japan became the first runner from the Land of the Rising Sun to cross the finish line within the time limit: The Sankei News • Jiji.com - Kumanichi.com • Nishinippon.com • Kahoku.news • Yahoo.co.jp • Modelpress • Asahi Shinbun Photo Gallery (Japanese) • Asahi Shinbun Article (Japanese) • Asahi Shinbun Article (html) (Japanese) • Shukan NY Seikatsu (NY based Japanese newspaper) • Yomitime (online NY based Japanese newspaper - bi-monthly). (Japanese) . Harashita's media story
- Harita Davies, the only woman who took part in the race comes originally from New Zealand: Stuff.co.nz
- Self-Transcendence 3100 Mile Race: Kiwi runner Harita Davies breaks own record in world's longest race: Stuff.co.nz
- Feature Article on Newsroom
- Radio New Zealand panellists Zoë George and Dean Hall chat with New Zealander Harita Davies while she runs the Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence 3100 Mile Race in New York.
- Dirtchurch Radio Podcast
- Letter of congratulations from NZ Deputy Prime MInister
Africa VOA Afrique • Algeria Liberté • Australia news.com.au • Belgium RTBF.be • Nepal nepal24hours.com • Nigeria GuardianTV • Thailand Bangkok Post • Turkey Daily Sabah • United Arab Emirates Gulf News